Wednesday, December 02, 2015

#AMonthofFaves: 5 Books Worth the Hype

Image credit. 
Today's topic is pretty straightforward. Which books have you read this year that were TOTALLY worth the hype? Remember to link up down below, or visit the other fearless #AMonthofFaves hosts: Girlxoxo.com and TravelingWithT.com!

Don't you love my hype monster over there? I call him Floyd. 
  • The Shore by Sara Taylor for doing connected short stories so so so well. 
  • The Beautiful Bureaucrat by Helen Phillips for making sf feel brand new.
  • Bitch Planet by Kelly Sue DeConnick and Valentine De Landro for making me feel fearless, for making me think deeply, and for stirring my non-compliance.
  • Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates for putting things into perspective.
  • Nimona by Noelle Stevenson for pushing boundaries and being beautiful in so many ways. 
Now tell me some of the books you read this year that were toooootally worth they hype, and don't forget to link up your own post down below.  


14 comments:

  1. Great list! I had Beautiful Bureaucrat on my list, but then took it off because I couldn't decide if it really was heavily hyped or if that was just within our small blogger bubble. But, it totally deserved whatever type of hype it got!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I NEED to read Between the World and Me but think I'll wait until after the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not usually one for reading hyped books right away. I'm always behind the times! I made my post on the List app today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Between the World and Me is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GAH! I feel like EVERYONE has read The Shore...but me; I may have to try to squeeze it in before the end of the year - #fomo. I'm right there with ya on The Beautiful Bureaucrat; I'd like to read it again because it was one hell of a story, right? Such a great list, Andi! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for sharing, I have not read any of these

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to read Nimona with the Bee-girl! And I'll totally have to add Bitch Planet to my TBR. Great list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know why I've put off both THE SHORE and THE WORLD AND ME -- I'm always so suspicious of the hype. But I guess I should bump them up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I stole one of yours for my own post! I have no regrets!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really have to read Beautiful Bureaucrat I guess! I am definitely going to check out Bitch Planet now as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I so need to get Nimona and Bitch Planet! I have Lumberjanes on my worth the hype list. And the Ta-Nehisi Coates is on my tbr.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love interconnected short stories. I'll have to give that first book a go.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read any of these.

    Glad you enjoyed them.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Elizabeth
    Silver’s Reviews
    My A Month of Faves

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Nimona. So perfect in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik