Wednesday, December 23, 2015

#AMonthofFaves: Challenges!

'Tis the season that hardcore readers start (continue?) their manic list making and challenge planning and DECISIONS about 2016. What obligations will we tether ourselves to? I try to keep the load light, in general, knowing that seasonal challenges are more my jam than long commitments.

Share your year-end updates, personal goals, resolutions, etc!

Check out what the other #AMonthofFaves mavens are doing! Visit Tamara and Tanya Patrice.

So far I'm totally in on two challenges not of my own making:

Katie from Doing Dewey has invented the marvelous Blogging Better challenge for 2016. Like many of my favorite challenges, this is a choose your own adventure. Katie has some specific goals in front of her including reading a book about blogging each month. While I don't think I can commit at that level, I do want to read more about blogging and its nuances, new approaches, and ways to monetize without annoying the shit out of you guys. I'm not sure it can be done, but I'm keen to find out! At the very least, I want to institute some changes that will make this place more attractive. A move to Wordpress? MAYBE!

Clean Your Reader is hosted by Kerry at Entomology of a Bookworm and fits in so well alongside #ReadMyOwnDamnBooks. I think I am actually better at keeping up with e-books than I am printed books, which seems really weird and backward to me, but I think I might read e-books faster because I can access the same book on various devices. I should be in a good place after this challenge in the first quarter of 2016.

As for challenges of my own making...

I'm exactly halfway through my re-read of the Harry Potter series, and I'm starting to get a wandering eye. I am LOVING my re-read for the Estella Society #PotterBinge, but I do need small breaks. I find comics, poetry collections, and novellas a nice way to cleanse my palate, but I'm still hoping to knock off the rest of the series by January 31, 2016.



You've all heard me speak of #ReadMyOwnDamnBooks endlessly, so I'll just remind you that you can sign up with the link above or over there on my sidebar if you want, or just share your experiences on social media using the hashtag. 2016 is the year for crushing the TBR!



Can't wait to see how your year wrapped up, or how you'll be kicking off 2016! 


10 comments:

  1. I stink at challenges so gave up on them several years ago. Good luck with yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm super picky about challenges and tend toward those that are seasonal, limited in scope, or just really loosey/goosey with rules.

      Delete
  2. Oooh - I need to check out Katie's Blogging Better challenge! And - one of my 2016 goals is also to think creatively about ways to monetize :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like a REALLY cool challenge! And it's something that seeps over into my work, too, so it does double duty for me.

      Delete
  3. I've gotten much pickier about reading challenges too - but I do so love them!

    I see that more and more people are kind of doing their own challenge too - which is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those challenges sound good.

    I am not good at challenges. I did join one this year, though. I will see how it goes.

    ENJOY your day, and thanks for stopping by my blog earlier.

    Elizabeth
    Silver’s Reviews
    My A Month of Faves

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas!!

    Thanks for being a host of The December Blog Event. It has been really fun.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so pumped for your #ReadMyOwnDamnBooks challenge! This year, I was constantly reading new things and really didn't love a whole lot. For 2016, I'd love to tackle a bunch of the books I own that I bought because people had loved them so much. I basically have a treasure trove at home and never explore it! Your challenge is going to be great for me. Best of luck with your goals :) I'll be cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so bad with challenges! I'm giving myself a little (ok a LOT) of leeway in my post. Let;s see how 2016 goes :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a love/hate relationship with challenges. Love the list-making. Terrible at the follow-through!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik