Thursday, December 31, 2015

#AMonthofFaves: Day the Last - HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE!

On this, the last day of #AMonthofFaves, I want to thank all of you who have participated. Thank you so much to Tanya Patrice for creating this event and for having Tamara and I along for the ride for the second year.

As the holidays have cranked up and I'm spending more time at home with the family, I'm behind on reading your posts, but I guarantee that will continue into the new year. For now, I'm spending some extra time in my jammies, coloring with my son now that he's home from New York, doing some deep cleaning, rearranging, and charity donations.

I was Facebook messaging with Heather this morning, as we do, and she asked if I have any New Year's goals besides #ReadMyOwnDamnBooks. Today's post for #AMonthofFaves is supposed to be about my favorite posts from my blog this past year, but instead, I'll share a few of the personal things I'll be focusing in in 2016.

To answer Heather's question, on the book front, the only goal I have besides reading my own damn books is reading more comics. I will mostly likely utilize my university library's interlibrary loan service to this purpose.


On the personal front, I want to:
  • Streamline the "stuff" in our lives. I'm excited that our hometown has started recycling. It makes a huge difference. 
  • I don't just want to give money...I want to actively try to make the world better. I have TONS of books to donate, and I want to talk with the hospital about creating an in-building Little Free Library. That's first on my list. 
  • We have done well with this in the past, but it takes meal planning and looking ahead. I know we can do it. Just need to get back on track with eating real food
  • As I mentioned in my Choosing Joy post, I was off the rails for a lot of 2015. Now that I'm feeling more like myself, I want to stop and cherish those joyful moments
  • I need to exercise more! As a morning person, I hope I can incorporate more early morning walks. This will also involve getting some kickass running shoes that fit and help my terrible ankles. 
What are your personal and bookish goals for the new year? 

17 comments:

  1. I love your goals. Love them. They are many of mine too. Especially the eating, moving, and joy seeking. Good luck with them. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope it's a wonderful year for you, Kay!

      Delete
  2. i need to also stop & cherish the joyful moments. The last year has had lots of ups & downs (probably more downs) and I need to focus more on the ups. I love the idea of creating a free library in the hospital. There was one at the hospital I was in & I ended up borrowing two books bc they were comfort reads compared to what I brought!

    For the shoes: have you tried Brooks? They are a little pricey but their website has a "quiz" that asks questions about what issues you have & how your foot falls to match you up with shoes that would be best for you. My mom & I have had success finding better shoes that way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome, Lisa! I have it in my head that they just HAVE to have one, so we'll see if the hospital feels the same. lol

      I haven't! I'll definitely look into Brooks!

      Delete
  3. That are great goals!! Wishing you and the family all the best for 2016.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ciska! The same to you!

      Delete
  4. Go to a running store for your shoes - they do a great job fitting the shoes based on your foot and your stride. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely planning on it. I've wasted way too much money in the past with not-right shoes.

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year, Andi! Love your reading project. I should probably do that too although I just put several books on hold at the library :)

    I hope you are successful with your personal goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely going to take advantage of the library during #ReadMyOwnDamnBooks rather than adding more new things to the pile. The Twelve comes to mind since I really want to read it this year.

      Delete
  6. Good goals for the year! I want to get into more of a meal planning routine too... it's just the two of us, but when I don't plan we end up eating a lot of fast food and other not-so-great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're the same way, and I get so sick of eating out. I love having leftovers to take to work so I don't do drive-thru meals.

      Delete
  7. I love this approach to the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of these ideas, Andi. Creating a Little Free Library at your local hospital is a fantastic goal! Keep us up to date on that.

    I ordered an exercise bike. Sigh. Lol ;) I've become much too sedentary this fall/winter and I need to change that. Let's get moving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely will! I'm going to try to give them a call this week to see if they'd be interested. Good luck with the exercise bike! That used to be my favorite indoor exercise.

      Delete
  9. Short and sweet are the best goals! Good luck on every one of them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik