As the holidays have cranked up and I'm spending more time at home with the family, I'm behind on reading your posts, but I guarantee that will continue into the new year. For now, I'm spending some extra time in my jammies, coloring with my son now that he's home from New York, doing some deep cleaning, rearranging, and charity donations.
I was Facebook messaging with Heather this morning, as we do, and she asked if I have any New Year's goals besides #ReadMyOwnDamnBooks. Today's post for #AMonthofFaves is supposed to be about my favorite posts from my blog this past year, but instead, I'll share a few of the personal things I'll be focusing in in 2016.
To answer Heather's question, on the book front, the only goal I have besides reading my own damn books is reading more comics. I will mostly likely utilize my university library's interlibrary loan service to this purpose.
On the personal front, I want to:
- Streamline the "stuff" in our lives. I'm excited that our hometown has started recycling. It makes a huge difference.
- I don't just want to give money...I want to actively try to make the world better. I have TONS of books to donate, and I want to talk with the hospital about creating an in-building Little Free Library. That's first on my list.
- We have done well with this in the past, but it takes meal planning and looking ahead. I know we can do it. Just need to get back on track with eating real food.
- As I mentioned in my Choosing Joy post, I was off the rails for a lot of 2015. Now that I'm feeling more like myself, I want to stop and cherish those joyful moments.
- I need to exercise more! As a morning person, I hope I can incorporate more early morning walks. This will also involve getting some kickass running shoes that fit and help my terrible ankles.