Monday, December 28, 2015

#AMonthofFaves: This Is How I Read

Any way I can!

Oh...wait. That's putting the cart before the horse. Today's topic is "This is How I Read" described this way...
How do you pick your next book; what do you do after you’re finished reading a book (do you write a blog post, update Goodreads, put reviews on Amazon etc.; immediately start another book or let the book?)
I read any dang way I can. As I've mentioned before, much of the time I'm reading in fits and starts and here and there and any way I can fit it in. But to be more specific, this is how I read...

  • Based on mood
  • Largely books recommended by fellow bloggers
  • I track everything on Goodreads
  • I used to review almost everything I read, but this past year I've fallen off. I'd like to get back to it, even if they're mini reviews.
  • I generally start another book within a day of finishing one.
  • I often "taste test" a stack of books to see what suits my mood best. 
So how do you read? Maybe I can try your methods!

Don't forget to visit my #AMonthofFaves partners in crime, Tanya Patrice and Tamara


11 comments:

  1. I didn't realize you used to review every book you read/listened to! I do that and thought I was the only one who ever did. Mostly because I don't have time to read quite as many books as some bloggers. But, I do use minis a lot more now than I used to and that's worked well for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been neglecting reviewing books this year, too. Mini reviews are great though, I should try them more often. Yay for goodreads, or I would never remember if I'd read a book :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I review almost every book I read. If my book club book isn't anything exciting, I don't review that, though.

    I love your answer...taste testing a book sounds fun. :)

    ENJOY your week, and thanks for hosting,

    Elizabeth
    Silver’s Reviews
    My A Month of Faves

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read in snatches as well. I don't have a master plan and just pick up whatever book strikes my fancy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea of taste testing. I do that sometimes with physical books but not as much with ebooks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the bad (?) habit of wanting to read the newer books I've bought because I'm so excited about them. But then the older books, which usually end up being awesome, get a little neglected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh....me too.

      The older ones get neglected around here too. :(

      Thanks for sharing.

      Elizabeth

      Delete
  7. I have stopped trying to review every book I read because it stresses me out. I think I like It's Monday! What are you reading? as a way to do mini-reviews of books. I'll see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the first year where I have made major use of mini-reviews and I love them. They have helped me maintain my seven-year record of reviewing every book I read. I like your idea of taste-testing a stack. I guess I do that too when I let random number generator select a number and keep selecting until I hit upon a book that sounds good at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've started "taste-testing" my books this past month or two. This is mainly for the books that I bought years and years ago, since I know my reading tastes have changed. If the book doesn't appeal to me anymore, it goes in a discard pile. If it still grabs my attention, it goes on the shelf next to my side of the bed for when I'm ready to dive in. When I finish a book, I usually just grab something randomly on that shelf or I'll wander into one of the other rooms where I have more books and pull something off a shelf without giving it any thought. The only time I dither is if it's a long book. I have to be in the right mood to read a chunkster. And, if I know I'm going to be distracted, as I was in December, I opt for nonfiction, particularly essays.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds pretty close to me this post. :/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik