Sunday, December 13, 2015

#PotterBinge: Spoiler-Free Thoughts on Re-Reading Prisoner of Azkaban

One more down for #Potterbinge! I wrapped up my re-read of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. This is where the books REALLY start to get more complicated, more involving, and more heart-tuggy. If you're not invested after this one, there's nothing I can do for you.
  • Fizzing Whizbees siimply MUST be the tastiest treat in Honeydukes. I wouldn't mind trying a Cauldron Cake, though.
  • If you're really feeling the wizarding food like I am, here are a variety of Butterbeer recipes.
  • Or you can just have Starbucks make one for you.
  • I NEED an illustration of the giant squid propelling "itself dreamily across the lake." 
  • I'm taking note of the dastardly Defense Against the Dark Arts creatures that Lupin introduced the students to in this book. I know they show up later somewhere. 
  • Lupin. Was never really one for swooning over him, but he's just such a sympathetic character! Sirius, too. I think I appreciate him more with every re-read. 
  • Harry doesn't really get the long flight on the Hippogriff that he had in the film. That's a bit of a downer. 
  • Hermione's overstressed breakdown is the absolute best re Malfoy. That was cooooold. 
  • Malfoy. Whiny little beast.
  • THAT PATRONUS, THO. In the past I've cried when the Patronus appears, but this time I cried at the talk Dumbledore had with Harry after the fact. 
If you're interested in reading more ruminations on the books, Katie at Words for Worms is KILLIN' it with her posts! 

Now, who has a time turner I can borrow? 


  1. This is still my favorite of the books.

  2. I"m so tempted to indulge in a re-read, but there's so much else I need to get read. And I'm afraid I'd put down my pen and never pick it up again. These books are so inspired!!

  3. Big, big ups to Hermione for punching Malfoy. I love her so much in this book, poor stressed-out baby. And also, someone should have pointed out that it's an awful idea to give a young teenager thousands of extra classes without also supplying her with a place to EXTRA SLEEP in those extra hours.

  4. Nice. Getting me excited to read this ... my favorite HP book. Expecto Patronum. A bit behind bc just started my #PotterBinge

    ps WOWZA I had no idea that Starbucks had ButterBeer on secret menu!!!


  6. This one is still my favorite too :)


Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik