- Fizzing Whizbees siimply MUST be the tastiest treat in Honeydukes. I wouldn't mind trying a Cauldron Cake, though.
- If you're really feeling the wizarding food like I am, here are a variety of Butterbeer recipes.
- Or you can just have Starbucks make one for you.
- I NEED an illustration of the giant squid propelling "itself dreamily across the lake."
- I'm taking note of the dastardly Defense Against the Dark Arts creatures that Lupin introduced the students to in this book. I know they show up later somewhere.
- Lupin. Was never really one for swooning over him, but he's just such a sympathetic character! Sirius, too. I think I appreciate him more with every re-read.
- Harry doesn't really get the long flight on the Hippogriff that he had in the film. That's a bit of a downer.
- Hermione's overstressed breakdown is the absolute best re Malfoy. That was cooooold.
- Malfoy. Whiny little beast.
- THAT PATRONUS, THO. In the past I've cried when the Patronus appears, but this time I cried at the talk Dumbledore had with Harry after the fact.
If you're interested in reading more ruminations on the books, Katie at Words for Worms is KILLIN' it with her posts!
Now, who has a time turner I can borrow?