Sunday, April 17, 2016

Happy Birthday to My Mom and Son

Six years ago, on my mom's birthday, I had Greyson. I jokingly told her, "I'll hand him to you and say 'happy birthday' on this day every year. That's the gift that keeps on giving."

A few observations and favorite things about my mom and my son...

Mom


  • Thank you for teaching me to parent by example. I am the hard-working, determined, do-right kind of person I am because you showed me, and I hope that rubs off on Greyson.
  • Your sense of humor endears you to everyone you meet (except you-know-who...my nemesis)
  • Thank you for always accepting me even when you think I'm kinda weird.
  • You lift others up. 
  • Gorgeous, sassy, determined, smart...just a handful of words that I could use to describe you.

Greyson

  • You are the most imaginative kid I know.
  • Stay tender-hearted.
  • We talk a lot about being a "good helper," and I'm so proud you've taken that to heart.
  • I hope I can help you be less self-defeating and to be confident and proud because you are smart, funny, and can change the world. 
  • You have an awfully sophisticated sense of humor for your age. 

You are two of the most important people in my life, and you make every day better. 

12 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your mom and your son! How wonderful that they share their birthdays!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, happy birthday to your sweeties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your mom and Greyson!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday two awesome people in your life, Andi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, what a great picture! Happy birthday to your awesome mom and your awesome kid!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! What a great day! I find it interesting that several of the wonderful things you mentioned about your mother could also be said of you and Greyson is adorable. :) Happy Birthday to them both!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to Mom and Greyson! Are the 22 party invites for Greyson or Mom? (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday to your mom and Greyson!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome! Happy birthday to them both!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet picture of the 3 of you. Lovely post!

    Kayo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, I might have gotten a little choked up reading this. Happy birthday to both of these wonderful people in your life, Andi!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awe. I just read what you wrote about me and Lil G. YOU are the most awesome daughter and a great woman in all respects. I'm pretty sure I didn't have anything to do with your awesomeness. I'm just very, very proud of the woman you've become and you continue to amaze me every day. Lil G is just a bundle of cuteness and he reminds me so much of you. You two are my besties and I feel so very blessed to have you both. AND David. I can't not mention how much I adore him and am so thankful you have a good, sweet, smart supportive husband and he's such a good example for Lil G. I just love you all 3 so much. Thanks for the kudos but I think it's all you Kiddo!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik