Friday, April 22, 2016

The Readathon Wheels Are Turning!

It's almost tiiiime! Almost time for Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon! Heather and I are going through our planning paces, and I think we're in a pretty darn good place! That means I've had a bit o'time to think about what this Readathon holds for me as a reader!

I went through the stack by my bed last weekend and pulled...
  • Chainmail Bikini: The Anthology of Women Gamers by Hazel Newlevant, Sarah Winifred Searle, and others
  • Tomb Raider #1 by Mariko Tamaki and Phillip Sevy
  • Ikebana by Yumu Sakugawa
  • Princess Jellyfish by Akiko Higashimura
  • Belzhar by Meg Wolitzer (a terminal Readathon book I never pick up)
  • In the Country of Last Things by Paul Auster

I also bent to the call of the library and grabbed...
  • What I Talk About When I Talk About Running: A Memoir by Haruki Murakami
  • Aya by Marguerite Abouet and Clement Oubrerie
  • Skim by Mariko and Jillian Tamaki
  • Dragons at Crumbling Castle and Other Tales by Terry Pratchett on audio
I might've also downloaded Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling on audio from Scribd. 

As for my updates this Readathon, I'm so very much in love with our new Facebook group that I think I'll update throughout the event over there! If you're interested in checking it out, go here. 

Of course I'll be Tweeting and Instagramming throughout the event, too!

I hope you'll join us and have a fantastic time! 



  1. I know you'll have a blast!

    1. It's gonna be a good one!

  2. Hey, chica! So, I signed up as a cheerleader and I think I've already forgotten what I'm supposed to do; should I have received an email? Anyway, you know I have to race tomorrow morning but I'm going to read on my way to the event (Jonathan is driving - it takes just over an hour to get there) and then on the way home. There will be some eating that will need to take place, and showering, and stretching and whining...but I'm definitely going to get in some reading time!!

    1. Hey hey! You'll get an email about cheering tonight. We have so many readers still signing up, we can't get the emails out until the 11th hour. GOOD LUCK TOMORROW! See you when you get back, showered, recovered. :)

    2. Thank you, Andi! I'll definitely keep you posted!!

  3. Belzhar - I need to read that one (I've been saying that ever since it came out) and it sounds like it would be great for Readathon!

  4. I've heard great things about What I Talk About When I Talk About Running! Have a great day of reading!

  5. I hope you read lots of great books today!!

  6. Hope you are having a great time reading!! And, as always, thanks for being a fabulous host!!


Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik