Thursday, April 07, 2016

Winning at the Clean Your Reader Challenge!


I'm sad to see it end, but the Clean Your Reader challenge, hosted by Kerry from Entomology of a Bookworm, wrapped up at the end of March. I am happy to report that I spanked this challenge. 

Of the 29 books I've read this year, 21 of those have been on my e-reader! 

WHOA! I didn't even expect that. 

Here's what I've e-read this year plucked from my sidebar:


  • 29. The Regional Office is Under Attack! by Manuel Gonzales
  • 28. Dietland by Sarai Walker
  • 26. The Woman Upstairs by Claire Messud
  • 24. Supergirl Volume 1: Last Daughter of Krypton by Michael Green, Mike Johnson, and Mahmud Asrar
  • 23. The Wicked + The Divine Volume 1: The Faust Act by Gillen, McKelvie, Wilson, and Cowles
  • 22. Underwire by Jennifer Hayden
  • 21. Thor Volume 1: Goddess of Thunder by Jason Aaron, Russell Dauterman, and Jorge Molina
  • 20. Pretty Deadly #6-8 by Kelly Sue DeConnick and Emma Rios
  • 19. Friends is Friends by Greg Cook
  • 18. We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
  • 17. The Vegetarian by Han Kang
  • 16. Jem and the Holograms #8-11 by Kelly Thompson, Sophie Campbell, et al
  • 15. Zodiac Starforce #1 by Kevin Panetta and Paulina Ganucheau
  • 14. Lumberjanes #18-23 by Shannon Watters, Kat Leyh, Carey Pietsch, et al
  • 11. Getting Things Done by David Allen
  • 10. Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed
  • 9. The Unfinished World by Amber Sparks
  • 5. Captain Marvel Volume 1: Higher, Further, Faster, More by Kelly Sue DeConnick and David Lopez
  • 4. American Housewives: Stories by Helen Ellis
  • 3. Something New by Lucy Knisley
  • 2. Mr. Splitfoot by Samantha Hunt

Thanks to Kerry for hosting such a great challenge and inspiring me to clean my reader! 

22 comments:

  1. Dang!!! Those are awesome numbers - congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty excited! And this really drives it home for me how much more liely I am to read a book if I can read it across multiple devices.

      Delete
  2. That's great... congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm totally impressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was totally surprised! I hadn't been keeping up and then BAM!

      Delete
  4. Wow! This is an interesting challenge. The books on my e-reader always get ignored since there is no physical reminder. You've done so well. Will certainly participate in this, the next time around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to go to ebooks first since I can read across several devices. As happy as I am with how I did on "Clean Your Reader," I need to get back to my physical stacks for #ReadMyOwnDamnBooks!

      Delete
  5. You wrecked it! Out of 17 reads so far this year, only three came from my Kindle. Womp. Still, I think the number may have been even lower without this challenge, since I'm trying to focus on reading my physical books. (Or at least, I'm supposedly focusing on that. Not really sure I've got a focus at the mo'.)

    In any case, heck yes for cleaning out your reader so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I hear ya re: focus. It's a slippery slope, that. Now that I've killed this challenge, I'm trying to get back to my own damn books on the shelves. There were some from the ereader, no doubt, but the physical ones are the ones collecting literal dust.

      Delete
  6. Wow! Good for you. I hardly have any books on my reader, but I'm really making headway on my physical bookshelves. Seems like everyone is trying to tackle their TBRs this year. April is my month to focus on the old ARCs that have accumulated, breeding like rabbits. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you for making such headway on physical books! I've resorted to a seasonal TBR to try and keep myself focused on paper books. I feel good about it!

      Delete
  7. Good work - that's amazing! I failed so hard at this challenge. I think I read like five ebooks. But that's five less I have to read now I guess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuuuu! I tend to go to my ereader first, so this one is easier for me than ReadMyOwnDamnBooks. Five is something!

      Delete
  8. You killed it! Me...not so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, I rarely kill challenges, so I'll take it!

      Delete
  9. Woooo! Nice!

    Tiny Beautiful Things was so great, and probably one of my favorite audio reads. And dammit The Regional Office is Under Attack is getting SO MUCH BUZZ and I have to wait like 4 more days to get my hands on it! Gah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuu! I bet Tiny Beautiful Things would've worked better for me on audio. Hmmm. I hope you eat up Regional Office like I did when you get to it!

      Delete
  10. You did awesome! I have been paying attention to my e-reader more lately, but it is still neglected!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's just so much easier for me to pick up my devices. Especially since I often read in the middle of the night when I have insomnia. Ha!

      Delete
  11. Wow, that's crazy impressive! Nicely done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I surprised myself!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik