Tuesday, May 31, 2016

#SmashYourStack Finish Line!


That's it, kids! #SmashYourStack, hosted by Melissa and myself, is officially DONE! If you'd like to share your own reading from this event, please link-up below! Wrap-ups, reviews, discussions, all welcome!

This challenge was exactly what I needed to really clear out some books from my shelves, and I ended the month with eight of my own books read, one started and still in progress, and five DNFs that will leave my house for good!

Read:

Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo (The Grisha #1)
The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #1-5 by Ryan North and Erica Henderson
The Secret History of the Pink Carnation by Lauren Willig (Pink Carnation #1)
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline (audio)
Running the Rift by Naomi Benaron
The Book of Unknown Americans by Cristina Henriquez
*Parnassus on Wheels by Christopher Morley
*Moranthology by Caitlin Moran

Started: 

Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff (audio)

DNF: 

Pain, Parties, Work by Elizabeth Winder
In the Country of Last Things by Paul Auster
The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger
Little Bee by Chris Cleave
The Earthquake Machine by Mary Pauline Lowry


I also have to thank Jenna's TBYSReadathon for giving me an additional push to read in this last stretch of the month. Books marked with * were TBYS books.


13 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed reading. I am not sure how many books I have gone through my stack but I'm glad that I got through my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did so good!!! I totally crashed and burned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I DNFed Little Bee, too! Glad to know I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little Bee didn't work for me either! I am so happy I am not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://centumentltdreview.com/the-slim-belly-trick-review/

    Keri Wahler’s The Slim Belly Program Review – Does The Slim Belly Diet Plan Work? Is it Safe? Don’t buy before reading our complete The Slim Belly eBook Reviews.

    http://wholetoneshealingmusicreview.com/the-slim-belly-system-review/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo! You read so many of your books! I always find the hard part after something like this is not to reward yourself with a giant library or bookstore trip...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicely done! Smash your stack inspired me, and I ended up reading 9 of my own books out of 10 total reads! Thank you for an awesome challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the great event! I made it through 4 of my own books this month - by far my best month for reading my own damn books this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I almost met my goal, I read two novels, two nonfiction and started a third novel. My goal was six, so...not bad.
    PLEASE, do this challenge again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well sh!t. I did a terrible job with this. I don't think I actually finished a single book off my TBR. Too many other things happening with life, I guess. I agree with Darlene - please do this again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://coradar.org/
      Nicely done! Smash your stack inspired me, and I ended up reading 9 of my own books out of 10 total reads! Thank you for an awesome challenge :)The DIY Smart Saw review

      Delete
  12. Little Bee didn't work for me either! I am so happy I am not alone!
    The Awakened Source Review

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik