Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Websites I Love That Aren't About Books

It's my M.O. to miss out on really amusing Top Ten Tuesday topics on the actual Tuesdays everyone is writing about them. I might as well keep it up with today's list of websites I love that are not about books. There are not 10. Whatever.

For stock photos (like the one up above):

Pexels is my go-to for beautiful, high-quality stock images. I have to thank Allison from The Book Wheel for turning me on to this one.

For news and feministy stuff: 

Bitch Media and Bust have been two of my favorite sites for feminist topics since my 20s, and they have especially good Facebook pages and shareable stories.

For makeup reviews: 

Temptalia is great for all things makeup. Extensive reviews, and nicely categorized and dissected ratings.

For cute shoes:

6pm.com. Designer footwear on saaaaale. Need I say more?

For fun, doable fashion inspiration:

Jamie from JRO1583 on Instagram is sooooo sweet and has the greatest wardrobe around. She does alot of mixing, matching, and remixing based on Pinterest finds. Really fun and good for wardrobe ideas.

For pretties (but only on sale):

KateSpade.com. I can't often buy from Kate Spade, but looooove all the items, and I love finding comparable trends elsewhere. Their sale section is also often doable.

For dreaming about that 5K I will run soon: 

I'm a Run On convert! It's a Texas chain of running stores with nine locations. They also have training groups, and various online resources, my favorite of which is their race calendar!

For healthy snacks: 

Lara Bars! Look at all the flavors my local stores don't have!









19 comments:

  1. Good luck with the 5K! I organize a 5K in PA (a trail race), but I'm not a runner anymore. I really should get back into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - I LOVE Larbars! Lemon is my fave and I have a whole box in my cabinet. Great on the go snack. And I need to check out that show site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 6pm.com is the best. I heard it's leftovers from Zappos but I'm not sure that's true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip about Pexels. Off to check 6pm.com right now ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use Pexels a lot and love Pixabay even more! They have a lot that are on Pexels and a lot that aren't. Thank you for turning me on to the shoe site! I've already clicked over and bookmarked the site to feed my shoe fetish (my secret is out).

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY for great local running shops! Also, I'll second Sarah's sentiment on Larabars; they are SO good!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh I don't think I've seen Pexels yet, but I'm always needing good stock photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Pexels and Unsplash for stock photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lara Bars are good for my gluten free self but I find they are a little too airy for me. I need a denser bar if I am eating it as a meal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, I didn't know about Pexels - lovely images! Thank you for the intel!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I live on Pexels, Pixabay and Unsplash! Also, Kate is having a surprise sale right now... it's taking everything in me not to buy this giant watermelon shaped bag!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for pexels, that's a new one for me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Off to go check out the makeup sites! Plus, Kate Spade because one always can online window shop at Kate Spade.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sales always sound good until I start converting and paying shipping! lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. WHUT?! Designer shoes? On sale? How did I not know about this miracle site?! Thank you!!

    And yes, to Lara- love the lemon flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I did not know Lara Bars had that many flavors. Drool.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Some great resources here! I'm especially excited about Pexel. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yea! Lots of new things for me to discover!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This Holiday Season shop for your favorite shoes, dress and even home essentials. Boutiqueken.com offers wide range of Sale items on their online shop. Not only that, in every item that you want there is a great discount. So, choose your favorites and shop this Holiday Season, only at https://www.boutiqueken.com/cat/shoes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik