Sunday, June 19, 2016

Currently: The Sausage and Podcasts Edition

First, I have to thank all of you who jumped in for #WeekofReviews! Sorry I fell off the wagon a bit at the end. Life. There are tons of great folks in the linky on my previous post, so don't forget to make the rounds and check out what everyone is reviewing!

Right this minute: Sitting in the cool house! David and I both woke up at 7 am (dogs needed out...story of our lives) so we opted for a workout while it was still a little overcast and 75 instead of 95. I'm going out to mow the front yard shortly, but it won't take long because it's brutal out there.

Feeling: Good! It's funny, even though I'm not working full-time anymore, and even though I have a couple of weeks completely off (between academic terms), I still get antsy on Sunday nights. Like Mondays are still a thing I should care about.

Reading: Run the World by Becky Wade. I've been reading this forever. I really do like it, I just haven't been in a reading mood.

Listening: Podcasts! Another Mother Runner was a really good one today with a Father's Day interview with Tom Foreman, CNN correspondent and author of My Year of Running Dangerously (another running book for my TBR).

Watching: David and I polished off the last episode of Fixer Upper on Netflix. I am absolutely smitten with the show, and it doesn't hurt that some of the neighborhoods are vaguely familiar. David lived in the Waco/Temple area of Texas for most of his life, and we met as students at Baylor University.

Promoting: The Fireman Readalong! Or #FiremanAlong!

Loving: Family time! We spent the morning having coffee and watching American Ninja Warrior with my mom. Greyson will be home later, so we'll be reading, playing, and generally causing trouble.

Hating: Flies! Eff-blanking, terrible, horrible, no-good flies!

Eating: Italian sausage! I whipped by Butcherman's Gourmet Sausage on my way home the other day to grab some Father's Day gifts for David. I got a big log of summer sausage, Italian sausage for the grill, and some hot beer sausage. We're trying out the Italian tonight with peppers and onions and maybe some mashed potato waffles. Don't ask...I'll post pics.

Anticipating: Vacation! We're headed out to Caddo Lake in the near future. David, me, Greyson, and my mom have rented a cabin, we're packing up the dogs and our fishing poles, and we're gonna do some serious relaxing.


23 comments:

  1. That upcoming vacation sounds perfect! Enjoy! It is certainly brutal outside over here too - thank goodness for warmer mornings. I don't think I would get my run otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Athira, isn't that the truth? If I wasn't out at 5am it wouldn't happen. Not outside anyway! I'm glad to have some indoor options, but not enough!

      Delete
  2. I give you credit for mowing the lawn in the heat. Myself? I opted not to go out in the heat here (only 80s here, but still humid, especially yesterday) to mow and probably will save it until tomorrow afternoon. Italian sausage: sounds good. In fact, I just mentioned to Kim about getting some for later in the week. Enjoy your vacation. Sounds like it will be a wonderful time. So what will youu be reading? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoyed your Italian sausage and that the heat didn't take you out! Vacation was GREAT! Luckily, we have a few days of staycation left until work kicks back up. I picked up Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll. Not entirely sure how I feel about it at the moment.

      Delete
  3. I just received Run the World but haven't started it yet. I definitely thought of you when I saw the book! Yay vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good. You can tell she's not the most seasoned writer, but the travel bits and the cultural differences make for a nice read. :)

      Delete
  4. Oooh - I need to check out Another Mother Runner podcast! My running needs a serious jumpstart right about now..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's SO MUCH FUN! I love it. Sometimes they're serious, a lot of times they're not. Great ladies and great personalities.

      Delete
  5. Hooray, vacation! We just got back from a quick weekend at my parent's cabin and I'm already looking forward to a longer weekend for Fourth of July. It's so great to get away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have a great Fourth, Kim! I think we're going to head out to our local (huuuuuge) lake for a little kayaking trip. Woot!

      Delete
  6. Caddo Lake looks gorgeous... love those big old Cypress trees! I'm sure you're counting down the days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really pretty and SO different from what we're used to! I don't know that I've ever seen a cypress until now!

      Delete
  7. I really need to read some running books. Maybe that would help get my mojo back and stop being such a lazy bum.

    Enjoy your vacation, whenever you take it! Relaxing in a cabin sound PERFECT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are good for motivation. If you haven't read it yet, Running Like a Girl by Alexandra Heminsley is GREAT.

      Delete
  8. Vacation sounds amazing! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nadia! We had a great time on the first leg! Now....a staycation!

      Delete
  9. Your vacation sounds like a lot of fun!! Bummer about the black flies. We've got them, too. Grrr. And I haven't been reading much either. Summer slumpin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They drive me absolutely freaking crazy! Hubs put out fly traps which help, but I just want to pull my hair out! Summer slumpin'! Seems to happen to me every year. Sigh.

      Delete
  10. Ah flies - a thing of the past in our house since we inherited our two cats. They love to chase down the flies and nosh on them. It can be a little hard on the blinds sometimes but almost worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish our dogs would jump on that bandwagon, but they are SO not interested. lol

      Delete
  11. Anticipating: #FiremanAlong

    ReplyDelete
  12. Corporate events and activities are impressive tools for promotion and in developing popularity with the customers - both new and old. Successful corporate events Chicago employ creative ideas and the prosperity of the social media opportunities that are available.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik