Saturday, October 22, 2016

Let's READATHON!

Hour 15 Update

Uh, hi! I'm here, really. It's been a busy day. Not as stressful as usual. Our streamlining has definitely paid off this readathon. I spent most of the morning doing admin stuff, I did some sticker shop work, took, a nap, and at 6pm I went to my son's Cub Scout badge ceremony.

I have been listening to Yesternight by Cat Winters on and off all day, and I'm almost done with it! I love love love it, and I'm so glad Heather turned me on to this one.

What's next? I will be hosting at 24HourReadathon.com from hours 18-20 and reading some comics!

See y'all in a bit!

Hour 2

Happy Readathon day! As you might imagine, given my lack of substantial reading lately, I'm taking a laissez faire approach to the day. That works out well for me anyway because Heather and I are always fairly busy with the back-end stuff. We'll see how it goes! I know I'll be listening to Yesternight by Cat Winters.

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Dallas'ish, Texas! 
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? See above re: Yesternight. Heather was a peach and sent me a surprise package of books, so I may be going for Hammer Head next! 
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Bourbon pecan pie ice cream from Ben and Jerry's. OMG.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I'm crazy for having four jobs. 
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? More "take it as it comes". Have fun! 

5 comments:

  1. OMG, that ice cream sounds heavenly! I'll have to put on an audiobook and run to the store! Happy reading (and eating!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Pleasant Prairie, WI (3mi. over IL border)
    2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Ghosts by Raina Telgemeier
    3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Caramel apples then chili for dinner
    4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I have rheumatoid arthritis & fall can be tough for me with the changing weather. Reading is a great distraction.
    5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? I downloaded more audio books than last time. We'll see how that works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4 jobs! How in the world do you keep up? Have fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Four jobs?!? Seriously?!? You never cease to amaze me!

    Good luck today with all that back-end stuff, and I hope you get in a bit of good reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 4 jobs and still get time to organize the readathon? You're amazing!! :)

    Thank you for this great day. Hope you're having a great, not-too-stressful readathon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik