Sunday, November 06, 2016

Sunday Stuff

We fell back. It's weird that it's only 11am right now. It already feels like it should be much later.

I cut back to one 10 oz cup of coffee per day this past week because I found that bigger cups were exacerbating my anxiety. So far, so good. Today I decided to go big and had 20 oz while I was jabbering with my mom over breakfast, and I need someone to come peel me off the ceiling.

I have a few things to do today. I'm listening to an "angry feminist" playlist on YouTube while I clean, organize, and generally whip the house into shape. First, I did a bit of weed eating in the front yard. The flower beds needed chopping down for the fall. Of course, I weed eated (weed ate?) the toes on one foot. Ugh.

I'm reading a bit. I have Just Mercy and Missoula downloaded and I'm taking them a bit at a time. Big, heavy, absolutely-necessary-to-read-right-now topics.

My students are starting a unit on power structures and cultural norms as we round out the semester. We started last week with very little commentary/direction from me. We watched Amanda Palmer's "The Art of Asking" TED Talk to get their initial reactions (verbally and a response paper) which we'll later break down into a class discussion and some more writings on norms. This is gonna be a fun unit.


Finally, I'm having a blast with my planners. Yeah, I'm up to three. I have an Erin Condren I use for pre-planning my week...things I have to remember, bills to pay, school deadlines, grocery list, etc. I use a Happy Planner for memory keeping...essentially journaling or scrapbooking. The bottom line of that one is remembering stuff I would otherwise forget...cute stuff Greyson says and does, behavior notes that come home with him, my runs, food choices. I also have a personal planner. I actually use this one the least. I keep a few notes about my classes. They're on slightly different schedules, so I have to refresh my memory about which class stopped where and what assignments are coming in at different times. I'm finding that with the swirl of election stuff and tumultuous feelings I'm having, planning is incredibly calming and cathartic. Having an overview of everything is comforting.

The photo up top is the first half of this past week's spread.

What are you up to? 



8 comments:

  1. Coffee or no coffee, the election is extremely anxiety-producing in and of itself (she says, stating the obvious) but good for you for moderating your coffee consumption. I'm at about the equivalent of a medium sized cup, about 12-16 oz per day.

    Love your planners and the stickers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remain so impressed with your planners. All the bloggers and their planners and their bullet journals! I will never be that organized and artsy!

    Anyway, the election is making my anxiety SO bad, and I have very little faith that it's going to be better once the election's over, so that's...you know. Fun. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes!!! Just Mercy and Missoula are both fabulous... be prepared though, they're gonna make you SO angry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I try to keep my coffee to no more than two cups a day but there are certainly times I want more! Love the planner page! I only have one planner and love to look through youtube tutorials and flip throughs but can't imagine keeping up with more than one. Then again, I do have several on-going journals so that's probably why.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate the time change. It always takes me at least a week to adjust. I wish they'd pick a time and stick with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We drove him the car and the clock still was an hour ahead and I felt like it was totally the correct time. lol Oops! I have been so slacking on planning. I am just finding it so hard to get organised lately!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm listening to Just Mercy and it is heavy. My first thought was that I wouldn't be sympathetic, given our family's situation, but my heart is heavy and I can't help but feel angry and frustrated. This is one I'll have to listen to a little bit at a time.

    I need to start cutting back my perennial beds, too. The weather continues to be nice, though, so I'll put it off another week. My back thanks me.

    My dog has been snoring since 7:30. She hates the time change more than we do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got so wrapped up in politics this week and fell into such a fun after Tuesday that I completely forgot to even check my planner for a couple of days. Luckily nothing too big fell through the cracks. Start of next year, I'm moving it to a "real" journal and then I'm ready to hit your store for all of those cute stickers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik