Tuesday, December 13, 2016

#AMonthofFaves2016: 5 Books on Our Winter Reading List

5 Books on Our Winter Reading List - which books are your must read this winter?


Last week I announced on Twitter--out of nowhere--that I'm going to read 12 books in the next 24 days. I'm off work for winter break until January 2, so what better time to try and inject some energy into my reading life? 

These are the initial books I chose from my shelves that I'd like to focus on. Check out GirlXOXO's and TravelingWithT's picks, too! 



Ghosts by Raina Telgemeier

Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson

Black Like Me by John Howard Griffin

Hammer Head by Nina MacLaughlin

You Will Know Me by Megan Abbott

The Mother by Yvette Edwards

Academy Street by Mary Costello

The Assassination of Margaret Thatcher by Hillary Mantel

Chainmail Bikini by Hazel Newlevant and Sarah Winifred Searle

Rat Queens volume 2 by Kurtis J. Wiebe et al

Right now I'm reading the other two. Today I'll finish I Shall Wear Midnight (Tiffany Aching #4) by Terry Pratchett and I'm reading Just Mercy along with Heather. Good stuff!


17 comments:

  1. You've got some good ones in that stack! Brown Girl Dreaming is a very special book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot wait for it! I started it a month or two ago, but I just wasn't ready for reading yet, and I don't want it to get short-changed for that reason.

      Delete
  2. You Will Know Me is a suck you in type of treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GOOD! Need that for sure. Especially as I worth through 12 books.

      Delete
  3. Brown Girl Dreaming is excellent! The Mothers is on my winter list. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather just read The Mothers and loved it! Can't wait to give it a try. And Brown Girl Dreaming's reputation is so good, I am so excited for it.

      Delete
  4. Sounds divine! I'm just aiming to finish the three I've got going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatcha got going? Inquiring minds want to know!

      Delete
  5. Brown Girl Dreaming is a must read, I think, before the end of the year. I'm not sure about the others, except for You Will Know Me, which was okay, but can wait until next year, imho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think You Will Know Me will be a good suck-me-in-quick read if I need it, but Brown Girl Dreaming is a first priority. Excited for it!

      Delete
  6. You Will Know Me is def worth reading! Megan A is divine at her twists and turns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tamara! I see such great reviews of her stuff.

      Delete
  7. Good luck on your reading plans!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can do it!!!

    And Brown Girl Dreaming... ahhhh. :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brown Girl Dreaming is one I would love to get my hands on!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik