Monday, December 19, 2016

#AMonthofFaves2016: Reading Outside My Comfort Zone

Ahhh, surprise finds this year. There have been some...especially romance novels. 
Before we go any further, be sure to check out GirlXOXO.com today along with TravelingWithT.com! My cohorts in crime always come up with great stuff. 
The Secret History of the Pink Carnation by Lauren Willing was a romancey good time. I won't rehash the whole plot since I've posted about it before. Just go on over here
Right now I'm reading An Affair Before Christmas, by Eloisa James, which was a Book Riot GET BOOKED podcast recommendation. It's a lot of lush fun, and it's not too spicy so far. I'm 200 pages in, and no one is naked yet. Just sayin'. I am really enjoying it for something light and holidayish.
Can't wait to see what you've found that challenged you or fell outside your norm!  Don't forget to link up down below!


10 comments:

  1. I have the worst time with romance novels...and even get frustrated by too much of a focus on romance in my regular fiction. Maybe some day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think when I'm mentally ready for something light and formulaic (it happens for me), I don't have a problem with it. In everyday reading, moreso of a problem. lol

      Delete
  2. I love it when a book outside my comfort zone grabs me. I hope someone gets naked in your book soon! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, they waited til the very end. I was pleased with the character development, though. I'll read more of the series!

      Delete
  3. I very rarely read romance novels. I did read some books outside of my normal zone this year, though. Hopefully I have time to get a post up about them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! Can't wait to see what tickled your fancy!

      Delete
  4. I rarely read romance novels - but do love them! Like you Eloisa James rocks my world. I'll have to read more for 2017. I also want to read a little more historical fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like some romances- my fav is Kristan Higgins's Blue Heron series. They do get naked, but not too fast in the book and the heroine is usually funny or has these one liners that make you grin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't tell if it's good or bad that no one is naked yet in the book...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was surprised to see the Eloisa James on Litsy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik