Thursday, December 01, 2016

#AMonthofFaves2016: These Are a Few of My Favorite Things

These Are A Few of My Favorite Things #AMonthofFaves2016 – eg. to eat, drink, wear, smell, see, do, enjoy, best thing I bought, most used gift received etc, favorite concert, outdoor activity, place visited, most squee worthy moment of the year, biggest change.

2016 has been a bit of a beating, hasn't it? It feels a bit weird to be posting at all, and at times I feel guilty for not reading something serious, making calls to representatives, or some such. But we all need a break. Deserve one even. We must recharge to be effective at anything. 

So, my favorite things you ask? 

And don't forget to visit GirlXOXO and Traveling With T when you're done here. 

My planners. I went apeshit crazy with planning this year, and right now, with my multiple teaching gigs winding down, I could not be more thankful for them. I was sitting around grading a few straggler papers this morning and realized I needed to download a lot of what was cluttering up my brain, so I pulled out my Recollections brand personal planner from Michael's. When I got home I made sure all those bits and bobs were also in my big Erin Condren planner, and that way I can't miss anything. Well, I can, but it's less likely. 

My personal planner this very week!

Running programs. I never would've started running without Couch to 5K because I needed a plan with incremental goals to stay motivated. I might not be running now if it wasn't for Couch to 10K. 

My family. Because at the end of the day I get to spend time with my badass mom, my understanding husband, and the greatest little boy around. 

Happy favoriting, friends! Can you believe it's December? Nope, nope, nope.  

Link up your own post below!



13 comments:

  1. I didn't realize you'd upped your running ante!! Couch to 10K is fantastic! Are you going to enter a race? I ran my first race in a year on Thanksgiving - a hilly 5K, which is worse than a flat 10K in my mind! Looking forward to this event...thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ma'am! I was really missing the goal chasing, so I figured it was time to step it on up. I'm sure I'll enter a race when I get closer to the proverbial finish line. David and I had planned a 5K for earlier in the fall, but one of Greyson's scout activities forced us to cancel. Blargh! So glad you're with us, Sarah!

      Delete
  2. I bought a planner but don't use it the way a lot of people do - it's more of a datebook for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sticker thing is really not anything I thought I'd ever do, but there's something of a crafty aspect that I like more than I anticipated. And seeing my day laid out chronologically (and the month) is really helpful, especially when I'm trying to wrap my head around all of my teaching, David's travel, and Greyson's commitments. Whew! I suspect if things ever settle down I might be able to downsize. Ha!

      Delete
  3. I am still trying to find my way planner-wise and I don't think I'll ever be a daily user. But I have found this year that when things get overwhelming, simply noting things down is such a help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true, isn't it? I love seeing everything laid out in front of me. Helps me wrap my head around things.

      Delete
  4. I love planners, too. It's been fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! And I still have a package for you. Don't lose faith!

      Delete
  5. Yay, another planner girl! Love it! And I've been meaning to try out the Couch to 5k plan - the hardest part about it is just getting started. GAHHH!!! Glad to see that it's working for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my planners (I have 2- 1 for blogging and 1 for my side hustle) but I've been neglecting them lately. I think I want my EC one to become more of a diary like planner- where I can stick fun things in it (invites, pics of my niece, etc). I just have not found COMPLETE planner peace yet. #stilllooking

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always think I'm not busy enough to need a planner but maybe I need something like a motivation journal where I record all of the things that I hope or want to do that eventually slip out of my mind. If I take time to record things, maybe they'll stick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I want a physical planner, but I love seeing yours! They look beautiful and lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I believe it's December. Longest. Year. Ever.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik