Sunday, January 22, 2017

#Diverseathon: January 22-29

Diverseathon is here! I'm later posting this and the accompanying video than I wanted to be, but this was a busy week. Here's the video with a list of titles down below. 



If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo
Sula by Toni Morrison
A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki
You Can't Touch My Hair: And Other Things I Still Have to Explain by Phoebe Robinson
The Book of Joy by the Dailai Lama and Desmond Tutu
Ceremony by Leslie Marmon Silko
Clay's Ark by Octavia Butler

Diverseathon is hosted by JoceChristina Marie, Monica Watson, and Simon Savidge. It began on BookTube but anyone is welcome to join. There was even an announcement that Naz and Mara will be joining to promote the event across platforms.


I'm totally stoked because I have a lot of good stuff to read. So let's go! 

Other stuff you need to check out across the interwebs: 
Janani's review of Difficult Women by Roxane Gay
This Was My First Protest and I'm Sorry by Jess at Don't Mind the Mess
Did's review of Tears We Cannot Stop: A Sermon to White America by Michael Eric Dyson

9 comments:

  1. A Diverseathon?! I had no idea! A Tale for the Time Being is a fantastic book and I hope you enjoy it. Sula, The Book of Joy, and Ceremony are three that have been on my tbr list for a good while. I may have to join in! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you were able to jump in! I've so enjoyed seeing your TBR and I hope you managed to read a lot!

      Delete
  2. I just caught up to the Diverseathon as well - yes, a busy week... I agree that A Tale for the Time Being is wonderful. Thinking about what to read now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And of course I didn't manage to get to A Tale for the Time Being this week. It's still high on my TBR!

      Delete
  3. I've GOT to get a copy of The Book of Joy; it sounds like a wonderful island of relief that I can pick up when I need a little spark of positivity. I have a feeling I'm going to need it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ma'am! I didn't manage to get to it this week, but I'm looking forward to picking it up on an especially difficult day.

      Delete
  4. Hope you read lots of great books!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've managed to read five this week! I hope I can polish off one more before tomorrow night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki is one of my favorite books in the world! It's so wonderful and magical. <3 Can't wait to here what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik