Saturday, April 29, 2017

April 2017 Real Truth Readathon Post

The Beginning:

5:50 am - Up before the alarm. Whoa, is that a headache? Ugh. 

6:00 - Freak out with Heather that the website still isn't working right. 30 minute delay on anything we do, change, post, tweak, etc. Wordpress help is staffed with amoebas who can't help.

7:10 - Second run at a cup of coffee. No idea how all those grounds got in that first one. 

7:15 - Heather and I decide to drink our way through this thing. #boozeathon


Oh yeah, survey: 

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Northeast Texas. 
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? The Undertaker's Daughter, a morbid memoir, by Kate Mayfield3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Spicy Nacho Doritos and coffee in its many forms. 4) Tell us a little something about yourself! 12 year blogging veteran, Dewey's co-organizer, Book Riot writer when I can get my head out of my ass5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I'm doing less of the late night hosting and more of the Andi time/reading/enjoying/chatting on Twitter and Facebook.

1:00 - Lunch was sooooo gooood. Baked chicken, baked sweet potato, deviled eggs, and stuffing. 

2:00 - Attempted nap. Unfortunately, failed!

5:00 - Weather warnings begin: tornado watches and such. Arrgh! 

Books: Been listening to THE ART OF ASKING by Amanda Palmer all day. I like it a lot. It was a good audio choice for cleaning earlier. Now, I'm moving on to the couch, a blanket, and THE UNDERTAKER'S DAUGHTER: A MEMOIR by Kate Mayfield. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure it will be a great success with you and Heather at the helm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! What a way to wake up on a readathon day!! It's going to be an amazing day no matter what! Everyone will be busy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Failed naps are the worst. The website was honestly not that bad for me. I had a great readathon, thank you ladies for all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik