Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Readathon Week!

Readathon is back again! This is our 9 and a halfth year! That means TEN YEARS in October! I can't help but think a lot about Dewey. I always do, but especially as we're coming up on 10 years. That's a big, big one.

So this season's planning has been pretty intense. Heatheroo has TONS of amazing life stuff going on (although she would say otherwise if it pertains to homework). We've made some tweaks to keep the event doable this year:

  • FAR fewer prizes
  • Mini challenge hosts are, for the most part, awarding their own prizes
  • We have some specific featured prize donors (Book Riot, 24in48, Crown, etc.) 
  • Still no official cheerleaders, just our heartfelt request that you cheer your fellow readers
  • I am not doing a cohost shift this event
That's right: I'm all completely the scenes'ing it. 

This is new and weird, but it's also good. I'm putting my efforts on keeping an eyeball on things to see that they're running fine, answering questions, and probably chatting on Twitter and Facebook a lot. 

I also realized a couple of events ago, that I'm far happier NOT trying to read on Readathon day. I do usually do a little something. I'll listen to an audiobook or maybe have one book to focus on. This season, my audiobook is The Art of Asking by Amanda Palmer, and I'll try to get my hands on a copy of Siege and Storm, Leigh Bardugo's second book in the Grisha Trilogy. The last time I picked up one of these, I read it in a day. Voila! 

So yeah, Readathon day is super exciting even if reading is way down my list of to-dos. I'm thinking about Snapchatting it again, actually. If you want to follow me there, I'm @estellasnaps. There will be silliness.

See y'all Saturday! 




5 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to this April's event! I had to miss in October, and I'm glad to be back. Hope you have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amanda! I saw that you're super excited about Amanda's Insta challenge. Me tooooo! Such a good idea. --Andi, still signed in as Readathon. Ha!

      Delete
  2. I discovered today that I have family obligations on Saturday, so I'm going to miss most of the readathon (sob), but I'm hoping to get a few good hours in on Saturday morning and evening, and I am really REALLY going to try to hit the one in October this year. I have been blogging for twelve million years and I have never even once done a readathon. Scandal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking of mostly quietly reading by myself. I love chatting with everyone during the -thon but if I go onto Twitter, I'm going to see stupid political crap and it's going to distract me and ruin my fun. Ooh! maybe I'll just follow the hashtag and ignore the rest! There. I just solved my problem. Thanks for giving me the space to do it, Andi darling. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tweaks sound like a good idea. I'm super excited for tomorrow. I feel like it's been awhile since I could really focus on readathoning. See you on Twitter! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik