Sunday, February 28, 2016

Checking In After a Week of Unpluggedness

Wheee! I'm back. What a week that was. In a nutshell...

  • Had a really good phone interview for a prospective job
  • Read some great comics
  • Did some catching up on blog reading
  • Started a new blog

WHAT THA? Yes. You read that right. I've had it in my head for a while that I have SO MANY other topics I want to write about outside of books, that I might consider writing somewhere else, too. Topics I have in mind? 
  • Technology
  • Makeup
  • Fashion
  • Home
  • Blogging and business in general
  • Mom'ing
  • ISSUES
  • and stuff...whatever. 
For as long as I've lived I've written. Well, I suppose that's overstating it. It really kicked off in third grade when I wrote a two page fictional essay which was structured as a first-person letter to my home from a soldier on the front lines. Don't ask me why this was our topic (Desert Storm), but it was, and I did, and I made my teacher and mother cry. 

That started the writing bug for me. The bug that's become so insistent that at 35-years-of-me I must write more. Must. Write or die!


So nothing is changing here. I'll be injecting my off-topic'ness over into NonComplianceNetwork.com which is meant to serve as a hub for all the things I do online anyway. It has links to this site, YouTube, and other topical linkages to get around. Since I'd rather write than anything else ever, I will also be using that site as a lab for potential sponsorships and business partnerships, but trust me, that's a long-ass way down the road. I will also be soliciting guest posts on various topics.

Who knows? It may all crash and burn. I may run out of creativity. Or I might never get a single sponsorship, but I have to try some things in order to be at peace with trying. I hope you'll be a part of it, too. 

But back to books. Tomorrow the February 2015 #ReadMyOwnDamnBooks link-up will go live, so feel free to share what you've been up to! Later in the week, my own February wrap-up, a graphic memoir review, and a TBR for Outlandish Lit's #Weirdathon



What have YOU been up to? 



 

20 comments:

  1. I don't think it will crash and burn and I don't think you will run out of creativity either, not based on what I've seen so far. I might have said something jokingly (meant jokingly anyway) about your starting another blog, but I understand and I like how you've combined everything there with other links. Very nicely done. As for me, what I've been up to? As usual, 5-foot-7-inches. ;) But seriously, folk(s), I've been up to a little bit of this, a little bit of that, reading (Being Mortal later this morning), watching TV (NCIS, we just watched end of Season 8 last night), listening to music (right now a show via Jazzcat on a music platform called Mixcloud), and getting ready to start a new diet plan for 30 days tomorrow (where my wife and I will try to be compliant :) with the rules).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you for giving Noncompliance Network a go! Looking forward to reading your commentary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, even if you crash-and-burn, I suspect you are a Phoenix.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am already loving Noncompliance Network, Andi. You inspire so many of us, with all the extraordinary work that you do. I cannot wait to see more of NCN (or is it NN?) That's badass of a name. Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super duper excited to see how Noncompliance Network grows, especially in the makeup realm! ;) Glad you made good use of your time off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I checked your new blog on my phone briefly and loved what I saw there! You write beautiful and I am sure you won't burn out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, fan-freaking-tastic! I'll be checking you out at your new spot as well. Yay for more Andi! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, fan-freaking-tastic! I'll be checking you out at your new spot as well. Yay for more Andi! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Non-Compliance is all you :) Smokey eyes rule! I just bought a coral lipstick. YES. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with the prospective job! I've add NonCompliance Network to my feedly so am looking forward to all those posts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck with your new blog! I went over and took a peek and love it! Nice to be able to share all the rest of "the stuff" we want to blog about that doesn't seem relevant to our book blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking forward to the new blog! Will be following for sure. Can't wait to hear re: job news :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am looking so forward to all the Andi-ness to come on the new site. Bring it. Bring it all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fingers crossed that you hear good things from your interview, Andi!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So exciting -- congrats on the new endeavor! As I've just started dipping my toe into fashion-ish-ness (Gwynnie Bee and Rocksbox subscriptions), I hope I can gush with you over at NCN! And I can't wait to see how sponsorship will take off for you -- I want the biggest and best success for you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I enjoyed being one of the new followers of your new blog. I have faith in you-- you have incredible talent. Good luck with it and keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Woooo! How could it crash and burn when you are involved, lovely lady?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so glad to hear that your week was productive; I loved your tweet about not blogging to start another blog - ha! So great!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I might just have a book about technology to share with you later this summer...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik