Saturday, October 18, 2008

Hour 12: Mid-Event Survey

1. What are you reading right now?
I Was Told There'd Be Cake, by Sloane Crosley

2. How many books have you read so far?
4 and 3/4s

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
I just pulled Alice Hoffman's Incantation from the shelves. I'm thinking that one will definitely be a winner.

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
Not really. I alerted my mom and she agreed to provide meals and distract the dog.

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Not too many. Daisy craziness here and there, restlessness.

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
How quickly it passes! It's sad to be half done. :(

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Nope! Perfect as always.

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
More snacks, definitely.

9. Are you getting tired yet?
Not really tired in body, but my eyes are a wee bit tired. After this book I'll probably switch to something with bigger print or a graphic novel.

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
Nope!

9 comments:

  1. oh Incantations! I'm curious to know what you think of it. It's on my wish list because I really liked "The foretelling" so I have very high expectations.
    4 and 3/4 books, that's a lot! well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More snacks is something that's seriously lacking in our home! haha...
    I don't think I've heard of that Hoffman book. You'll have to keep us posted on how that goes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're halfway there...good job!!

    Hoffman sounds like an excellent read-a-thon selection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incantation is perfect! I thinkyou'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those doggies have a way of interrupting even the best of plans. :-)

    You're doing great!

    Lezlie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm surprised by how quickly the time has flown by, too.
    Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, it sure has gone by fast! More snacks are a must. Read on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought more snacks too, or maybe just more sweet junkish type snacks, I am so sick of trail mix and rice crackers. I want chocolate and chips and gummi bears!

    Happy half-time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll keep ya posted, Valentina!

    Iliana, amen! And I will do re: Hoffman.

    Softdrink, thank you!

    If you say that, Heatheroo, it's up next!

    Thanks, Lezlie! She's asleep on my pillow now. lol

    It's crazy isn't it, Jessi?

    Thanks Nise! Read on, I shall!

    Oh, Joanne, you're killin' me. I'd give an ovary for gummi bears right now. Or gummi lifesavers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!