Friday, December 12, 2014

#AMonthofFaves: Picking Favorites!

It's been another GREAT week of posts for #AMonthofFaves! I've run across lots of posts I loved, but these stuck out to me in a big way. I'm a sucker for people's faves, what can I say? Today you can link up at Traveling with T!

Akilah at The Englishist is a fellow English professor, and she shared some great tips for reducing student email. This may not be of interest to the majority of you, but BOY HOWDY, did it get my attention! After 10 years in higher education, many of those spent teaching online, I'm constantly on the lookout for others' experiences in this realm. Student email can be a real chore, so it's great to find a list of ways to improve that process.

Valeria at A Touch of Book Madness shared her favorite blogging tools! I've been blogging for a long time, and I find myself adding tools to my arsenal far less these days. Call it a rut, call it a groove, but it is what it is. Valeria and I are on the same page, as I use many of the tools she listed. HOWEVER, one specific tool on Valeria's list made me perk up immediately. Asana is a web app for teams, but the individual blogger can use it for its calendar and project lists. Sounds perfect!

What were some of your favorite posts this week? 


  1. I totally missed the blogger tools lists - need to go back and check those out!

  2. The end of the semester brings it out of me. SO MANY EMAILS. I'm going to have to add something into my syllabus about grade grubbing now, seriously.

  3. Those email hints made me so glad to be an elementary teacher. I'm not sure how you both manage the antics of 20 somethings...
    /i also liked the blogging tips. Who knew there was so much available to us? I'm definitely a 1960's girl, it's lucky I know how to turn my iPad on. Although I am now typing on a fabulous Logistics keyboard connected via Bluetooth to my iPad mini. Aren't you impressed witih my savvy? :)

  4. I need to check out the bloggers tool list too. I haven't changed anything in forever.

  5. I'm so glad you liked my post and that it was helpful. I hope you enjoy Asana as much as I do.

  6. I am loving Asana so far, been fiddling with it all day!


Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik