Monday, December 22, 2014

Book Discussion! A Favorite Video Review

Morning, y'all! Today's another you-pick-it adventure...a review or discussion of your choice! Don't forget to link up down below!

You may remember that once upon a time, I was very enthusiastic about not only blogging, but also vlogging! I'm a big proponent of BookTube and ran my own channel, but sadly, I haven't made a video in about two months. As my reading got slumpier and as my grading load got heavier in recent months, I had to let something go, and BookTube was one of the easier things to let slide because it takes time to make videos, of course.

Looking back on the experience thus far, because I really don't consider it finished, a few greatest moments come to mind. In particular, video reviews I'm really proud of. At the tippy top of that list is a video review of The Sparrow, by Mary Doria Russell. I have a feeling I'll jump back into BookTube when a book makes me feel like this book made me feel. It takes inspiration to crank out a really satisfying review, whether it's written or on video.

Which reviews are you proud of whether they're written or documented in some other way? 


  1. Yes, I know, I need to read this book. It's one of my 2015 goals!

  2. Since I've mostly talked about the Paper Magician, I decided to link up my review of the Chimera books instead. I'm proud of this short review because it got the publisher's and author's attention on Twitter, and for a couple days I felt like my blog was going somewhere. Since then, the feeling has remained, though in a milder version :)

  3. I've never tried to do a video. I'm not sure I want to.


Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik