Saturday, October 18, 2014

Readathon Mini-Challenge: The Pet Parade!

Let's face it, a lot of us are snuggled up with a beloved pet right now. Mine usually looks something like this. This is Daisy, she's a rotten 7-year-old mixed breed with a penchant for pillows, sunny spots, and belly rubs!



She especially loves to flop down on my leg and snuggle with me while I read. 

This is a very simple challenge. All you have to do is share a photo of your pet (and to make sure we don't exclude anyone, you can substitute a friend, spouse, or child) doing whatever they're doing right now! Easy as pie. 

To enter:
  1. Share your photo on Instagram, Twitter, or your blog.
  2. Provide a direct link to your photo or the account where it appears down below in the linky.
  3. Provide your email address (also below).
  4. Check back here for a random winner in about three hours! 
Note: the challenge IS open to international participants!


The prize: A $10 gift card of your choice (Amazon, Barnes and Noble, or a $10 BookDepository choice). 

Have fun!


This challenge is now closed and the winner is Crystal from Lunartic for Books!

19 comments:

  1. How convenient! I took a picture of my read at the time and my bunny when I got home from work earlier today! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh great, someone else has bunnies too! I have four :D

      Delete
  2. I've subbed pet for hubby. He's keeping very quiet while I get some reading done. He's even gonna cook dinner for me :) Can't wait! #readathon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phew! I thought for a minute I had to catch Henry reading. Let me see if I can find where he's sleeping...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Conveniently, one of my cats is currently being awkwardly cuddled by a stuffed penguin. Great photo op! Thanks for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. my link won't go live til 11:00 as I'm only posting every 4 hours, but the challenge is in my next post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the best mini challenge! Only 2 of my dogs were in the room with me at the time, but getting all 5 to sit together long enough for a group photo would probably be impossible :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I posted a throw back pic of my foster dog, Vinny, that we fell in love with and kept:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I took one awhile ago when my dog wanted attention! Woo hoo! I got to so a mini challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I threw a book in front of my at because she was running around but now she's all cuddly. Her timing is terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is perfect! both my doggies are currently snoozing on the couch with me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. http://instagram.com/p/uUZzSgwMKR/?modal=true

    My dog. He was watching my Husband dish up our dinner until I called his name for the picture. :)

    darjlj75 (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am surrounded by sleeping pets :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm still hoping to see all of your pups cuddled together in one happy picture. ;) It's times like these when I miss Maggie (the cat) to readathon with. She was my favorite reading buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love when pets are included! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My little man is snuggled so far under the covers that I can't get a photo of him, so I'm sharing one from earlier (the dog and the cat like to compete to see who gets to sleep on my book of choice).

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love mixed breed dogs, and yours in a cutie! Look at those legs! He looks like a baby deer (totally picturing Bambi on the ice). :) Happy Reading!

    #TeamHughes

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pets that don't sleep while we fight to stay awake would help!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Daisy is adorable. Rub her belly for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik