Friday, December 19, 2014

#AMonthofFaves: Picking Favorites!

Favorites day is a great day! I love sharing the wonderful posts I've read throughout the week. Be sure to link up down below!

Let's start with Martha from Reading is Not the Challenge. She had some great ruminations on some of her favorite winter books including some recommendations of French authors in translation. Having read The Suicide Shop last year, I've been itching for some more French books!

Another fun post is from Carol's Notebook. Not only did she recommend some books that hadn't yet come to my attention, she recommended a kid's book called The Grumpy Shepherd! I think I have to have it for Greyson. 

As if my TBR wasn't huge enough already, Sharlene from Olduvai Reads is tempting me with several picks from her list including The Elegance of the Hedgehog and Last Night at the Lobster

And finally, Wesley at Library Educated is on the same wavelength as me! She recommends Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers, by Mary Roach, and it happens to be one of my all-time favorites. Now I'm even more tempted to read another one of her recommendations, HHhH, by Laurent Binet. 

Tell me about all the great posts you read this week! 


  1. I'll put in a plug for Last Night at the Lobster, too!

  2. I liked Carol's Notebook's post also! And I read HHhH last year - was fascinating!!

  3. My reading list seriously got tripled this week! So many awesome blogger recommendations.

  4. Thanks for the link-up! I hope you do read Lobster and Hedgehog. They are both excellent reads, although I do think you might have to be in the right mood for Hedgehog...


Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik